The LMH Network will be hosting- ‘Handle with Care™-Staff Safety and Defusing Situations where Individuals may be Aggressive’.
The training will be presented across two online webinars by David Cherry, Clinical and Forensic Psychologist on Monday 15th March and Monday 22nd March, with each webinar running from 10.00 am to 12.00 noon.
The training runs for 4 hours in total, presented over two separate sessions, so you must have availability to attend both sessions.
The webinars will cover:
- managing your own feelings in difficult circumstances
- minimising risk
- legal issues
- guidelines for managing difficult situations
- general principles for managing difficult behaviour
- using language that does not create resistance
- a suggested structure for some difficult conversations
- dealing with individuals according to their different anger triggers
- communication skills and strategies for defusing situations where individuals may be aggressive
A short break will be included in each session and notes will be also be provided.
The training is free for staff employed in Specialist Homelessness Services funded programs and you can register your interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , providing your name, agency, job role and contact phone number.
Attendees with be contacted with a link to the Zoom webinar, prior to the first training session.
Places are limited and registrations will close on Friday 5th March.