Referrals & Secondary Consultations

Advocacy and Advice

Consumer Affairs Victoria
Information about rights and responsibilities for tenants and landlords, how to resolve disputes and where to find help.

Homelessness Advocacy Service
If a client has a problem with a homelessness assistance or social housing service, a support service or a rooming house, they can contact the Council to Homeless Persons’ Homelessness Advocacy Service for advice and assistance. 

Housing Justice
Advice, information and assistance to tenants in both public and private rental properties based in Bendigo.

Justice Connect
Advocacy, legal assistance, advice, policy and law reform.
Homelessness and housing issues
General legal issues

Tenants Victoria
Advice, assistance and advocacy for tenants in private and public residential properties.

Victorian Equal Opportunity  & Human Rights Commission
Information, advice and dispute resolution related to discrimination.


Accessible housing for people with disabilities
Housing Hub



Department of  Families Fairness & Housing
Information and resources for housing service providers involved in providing homelessness and crisis support, affordable rental.

General Enquiries 1300 475 170
Bendigo: 74-78 Queen Street: (03) 5434 5555
Swan Hill: 210 Beveridge Street: (03) 5032 0100
Mildura: 253 Eleventh Street: (03) 5022 3111


Safe Schools Program
Victorian government program delivering information and support for implementation of program around safety of students identifying as gay or gender diverse.

Gay and Lesbian Health Victoria
Promoting health and wellbeing for LGBTI Victorians

Thorne Harbour Health
Promoting awareness and providing information and resources around HIV, physical and mental health. featuring rural services. Includes Thorne Harbour Country based in Bendigo for services to Loddon Mallee.

Mental Health

Psychiatric Regional Triage Service
For urgent mental health assistance call 1300 363 788
This number provides access to all mental health services and operates 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Clinical Mental Health Services
Bendigo Health Psychiatric Services
Mildura Base Hospital Mental Health Services

Mind Australia
Providing specialist psychosocial support and a registered NDIS provider.

Beyond Blue
Providing information and resources and about mental health issues.

Peak Bodies

Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute (AHURI)
National, independent network undertaking research on housing/homelessness issues.

Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW)
The AIHW is a statistical agency that manages a number of housing assistance data collections, and annually reports on the performance of housing assistance programs.

Council to Homeless Persons Victoria
Providing leadership around housing/homelessness issues through information, education and advocacy.

Community Housing Industry Association
Representing community housing providers and providing information and education to workers and consumers.

Homelessness Australia
National peak body providing systemic advocacy for the homelessness sector in Australia.

Prisoners Exiting into the Community

Jesuit Social Services
Supporting  men and women perceived to be ‘high risk’  in reintegrating into the community.

Flat Out Incorporated
Supporting women exiting prison or those who have had contact with the criminal justice system.

Corrections Victoria
Providing information about expectations, policy and procedures of the justice system in regards to people exiting prison.