- This event has passed.
Crafting Effective Records and File Notes
November 24 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm$270.00
Recording case notes can feel like an unnecessary layer of bureaucracy that takes time away from seeing service users. Keeping accurate, up-to-date records is a key task. Quite simply, it matters to the people who use our services that we make good records.
This workshop will explore
- The reasons we need to keep file notes and records
- The different types of records we keep
- Common mistakes when keeping file notes and records and how to avoid them
- How to write notes effectively
- Writing in a way that is easy to defend and hard to attack
- Writing letters of support and referral
The workshop takes a blended learning approach which provides fantastic added value:
- A 2.5 hour on-line workshop
- Join the workshop from any device, laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile phone
- A dedicated course portal containing self-study and e-learning exercises
- Downloadable materials
The workshop would be suitable for:
Anyone who needs to record and keep case notes as part of their day to day role.