The HeyVan is a mobile street-based service and a safe space where rough sleepers can connect with Homeless Assertive Outreach Response team.
The HeyVan carries basic foods and essential items and stops at several known locations across the City of Greater Bendigo. The HeyVan is part of the Homeless Assertive Outreach Response Program (HAOP), an initiative of the Victorian Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Action Plan.
The HAOP team provides:
- Early intervention to prevent homelessness
- Access to emergency accommodation
- Access to specialist services such as mental health, drug and alcohol support, allied health and more.
- Case management to support the complex needs of people experiencing homelessness & sleeping rough
- Early intervention strategies, aiming to reduce the psychosocial impact of rough sleeping
- Ongoing support offering for people to be relocated off the street and into safe and permanent housing
- Innovative responses and support to people who may not engage with traditional services
To see the HeyVan Route or contact the HAOP Team go to The HeyVan