The HeyYou-T has hit the roads around Swan Hill to provide outreach services to rough sleepers. The HeyYou-T is fully kitted out to carry food in a four-draw pie warmer, 133 cans of drink and serve 130 coffees at any one time. The HeyYou-T is part of the Homeless Assertive Outreach Response Program (HAOP), an initiative of the Victorian Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Action Plan.
The HAOP team provides:
- Early intervention to prevent homelessness
- Access to emergency accommodation
- Access to specialist services such as mental health, drug and alcohol support, allied health and more.
- Case management to support the complex needs of people experiencing homelessness & sleeping rough
- Early intervention strategies, aiming to reduce the psychosocial impact of rough sleeping
- Ongoing support offering for people to be relocated off the street and into safe and permanent housing
- Innovative responses and support to people who may not engage with traditional services
For more information, contact the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org