This year’s National Child Protection Week webinar series has been carefully designed to support conversations about how we make sure every child grows up safe and supported.
In doing this, a range of discussions highlighting some of the ‘big picture’ issues around child protection. These discussions will bring new dimensions to our collective thinking about how we keep children safe and well.
This year’s week-long webinar series includes:
- Official launch: Every Child, in Every Community, Needs a Fair Go
- How is Australia coming together at the national level to protect our children?
- How deep connection to culture is keeping children safe and supported
- Are Aussie kids OK? Preview data from the Australian Child Maltreatment Study
- Creating a ‘one-stop shop’ for the needs of families: Co-design, evaluation & sustaining change
The webinars feature a range of inspiring speakers including:
- Governor-General, His Excellency General the Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Retd)
- Anne Hollonds, National Children’s Commissioner
- Isaiah Dawe, founder of ‘ID. Know Yourself’
- Nicole Hucks, Acting Northern Territory Children’s Commissioner
- Catherine Liddle, CEO, SNAICC
- Jamie Crosby, CEO, Families Australia
- Professor Ben Mathews, Lead Investigator Child Maltreatment Study, QUT
- Professor Daryl Higgins, Director of the ACU Institute of Child Protection Studies
- Dr Divna Haslam, Senior Research Fellow & Clinical Psychologist, QUT
- Tim Crosier, Manager Children’s Policy Branch, Department of Social Services
- Fiona Ward, Deputy Chief Executive, Department for Child Protection, SA
- Professor Harriet Hiscock, Associate Director of Research at the Centre for Community Child Health
- Dr Suzy Honisett, Postdoctoral Research Officer, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute,
- Dr Tess Hall, Postdoctoral Fellow, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
To see the full webinar program and register today.
For the full list of ways to get involved with National Child Protection Week visit the Get Involved page.